Iowa Rock ’n’ Roll Music Scholarship Foundation
Established at the beginning of 2004, the Iowa Rock ’n’ Roll Music Scholarship Foundation encourages college-bound students in Iowa to study and prepare for professions in music. The goal of the foundation is to increase the fund while awarding scholarships without distributing the principle. Scholarships are made available on an annual basis.
To qualify for this scholarship applicants must be residents of Iowa pursuing an education in music-related course of study at an accredited higher learning institution recognized by the IRRMA Scholarship Fund Committee. Applicants can be incoming freshmen or other current full-time students. Applications are valid for one year, so a new application must be filled out every year. Applications are to returned online at email@example.com. Please put Scholarship Application in the email title.
- Please read all instructions and complete the application in full.
- Applications which are not complete will be disqualified.
- Please note, a new application must be submitted each year.
- Please make copies of your application and keep for your records.
Each Scholarship Application Packet Must Contain:
- Completed Iowa Rock 'N Roll Music Association (IRRMA) Scholarship Application Form online.
- Copy of college entrance acceptance letter from the college to be attended.
- Two letters/forms of recommendation from non-relative community members explaining student’s potential, experiences, work ethic, ambition and character. These may include, but are not limited to an appropriate instructor, guidance counselor, past or present employer, member of the clergy, etc. The recommendation letters/forms should accompany the application.
- A one page summary in essay form (single spaced, 12-point font), including a personal history, educational and career goals, reasons student feels he/her is deserving of this music scholarship and other factors that are relevant to any scholarships for which the student is applying. If the applicant meets specific criteria mentioned for the scholarship, be sure to include that in the summary.
- A photo of applicant attached as a jpeg or tiff.
Applications will be accepted from January 30th to July 1st each calendar year. Funds permitting, a scholarship will be awarded for the spring semester of the following calendar year.
Submit the online application by emailing all completed materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications must be submitted by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will be disqualified. If scholarship deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, applications will be accepted the following business day.
The student awarded the Scholarship:
- Will be notified in writing.
- Will receive the funds (paid directly to the college or university) when a copy of the transcript of the fall college semester’s grades has been received in the IRRMA office. NOTE: The student must have successfully completed all fall semester courses.
For more details about the foundation or the application process for this scholarship contant email@example.com.
Funds for this scholarship come from a number of memorial donations and funds:
- Gerald Boddicker Memorial Fund
- Brennan Charley Godfredsen Memorial Fund
- Steve Gleason Memorial Donation
- Denny Gamble Memorial Fund
- John Rohweder Memorial Donation
- Ron Brown Memorial Fund
- Tom Bedell Donation
- Bob York Memorial Donation
- George Arnold Memorial Donation
- Don Christiansen Memorial Donation
All donors are provided with a receipt in the amount of the donation. Donations are tax deductible through IRRMA’s 501 C 3 non-profit status.